If you have an approved leave or sickness request and need to create a new one which will clash with the beginning or the end of the original one, the system will give you options to accommodate this.
Why you'd use it
Let's say you are working from home and on the 3rd day you become sick so need to change your request from Working from Home to Sickness. You could cancel the request altogether, but this would cancel the whole event, including the 2 days you've already worked from home.
The process is documented as follows:
1. The Working from home request is approved and shows below on 11th-15th May.
2. Submit a sickness report for 13th-16th May, a message will appear.
You have 2 options - amend dates or proceed and edit request. If you proceed, the system will shorten the original request and submit a new one.
3. Your approver will receive a request informing them of the clash.
4. Once approved, the Year at a Glance will update.
- This clash feature will not work if the original request is only 1 day long
- The original request must be in the approved status
- A Leave request can clash with a Sickness Report and vice versa - the feature works with any Leave or Sickness type
- The feature only works if the clash extends the first or last days of the original request - you cannot submit a new request in the middle of a pre-approved request